Listen, Understand, Act!
Incarceration is inhumane, ineffective, disproportionately imposed on marginalized groups and obstructs justice. “The irony of being arrested while protesting a systemically racist power structure is that it often embroils someone in the very system they are demanding be fixed. That is particularly true for people who are unable to make bail.”
JAG brings the attention of Friends led to support racial justice efforts to the following opportunities:
- George Floyd Memorial Fund: Official GoFundMe to support Floyd family – gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd.
- Minnesota Freedom Fund: Community-based non-profit that pays criminal bail and immigration bonds for individuals who have been arrested while protesting police brutality (minnesotafreedomfund.org/donate).
- Black Visions Collective: A black, trans, and queer-led organization that is committed to dismantling systems of oppression & violence, and shifting the public narrative to create transformative, long-term change (blackvisionsmn.org).
- Reclaim the Block: Coalition advocating for community-led safety initiatives in Minneapolis neighborhoods (reclaimtheblock.org).
- 8 to Abolition: Eight policy steps for transformative change. (8toabolition.com).
- Unicorn Riot: Non-profit dedicated to exposing root causes of dynamic social and environmental issues (unicornriot.ninja/donate/).
Please see the Justice Action Group (JAG) page for details about events, actions, and information.